Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Leigh Donovan takes her Intense 951 to a win at the winter downhill series, a whopping 10 seconds over 2nd

LEIGH DONOVAN RACING
February 7th, 2010
FONTANA WINTER SERIES #3

Leigh Donovan found a little time away
from work to go play in the perfect conditions
out at Fontana. It had rained on the course
pretty heavily on friday, but by race day-sunday,
the track was flawless. Leigh hiked up sunday
morning for a couple of practice runs and had
the course dialed.

“I had the technical stuff pretty dialed, but
once I got to the ‘wall‘ my body seized up again!
I could not pedal too good, but I tried to dig a
little deeper than last weekend here, where I just
about to came to a complete stop! (Leigh laughs
hysterically at this point). I also put on a new
back tire for this weekend. I had a full DH tire
setup last weekend and everyone said I was
nuts, so I put the SPECIALIZED ‘Captain’ on the
rear and noticed a big difference in acceleration.
I am not used to these tires yet because they are
so amazing, they hook up like nothing I ever
used back in my day, tires just were not this
good when I was racing 10 years ago. I am really
stoked with specialized tires.”

Leigh also raced this weekend in some of
her new gear: “I just landed a deal with FOX
Clothing and GIRO, so I was in a completely new
kit, which is usually a bad idea, but everything fit
perfect right out of the box and I felt like a pro
again! It has been nice to be at the point where I
can just pick the best stuff now instead of riding
for whoever pays the most money like the old
days.”

Leigh’s next event will be coaching the
RAYSMTB.com womens only clinic in Cleveland
Ohio on Feb. 20/21 and then the Southridge
winter series finals on the first weekend of
March. For more info www.leighdonovan.com

Fontana 2010
Winter Series #3

Pro Women
1. Leigh Donovan 2:44:50
2. Joy Martin 2:54:50
3. Gabriela Williams 2:54:79

No comments: