Thursday, February 18, 2010

KENDA-PLAYBIKER 2010 ROSTER ANNOUNCEMENT


For immediate release



Kiwi rider Wyn Masters signs for team Kenda-Playbiker, joining the gravity icon Nathan Rankin and 2009 worlds jr silver medal Shaun O’Connor.



It seems yesterday we were saying goodbye to all our friends who followed us during the amazing 2009 racing season and we are here again to speak about the coming 2010 one.



There have been some rumors flying around during the off season about team Playbiker, and it has been very tough to keep “our secrets” until now. But let us say we are really excited for the coming season, that we are going to live with the usual “bunch of mates”, but faster than ever!



We are very happy to welcome on team Playbiker the kiwi Wyn Masters, one of the rising stars of the World Cup circuit. With is moto-riding-style and his daily brainwaves, we are pretty sure he will be able to add several good results to the Playbiker’s biography, but also we won’t never get bored.



Here what Wyn says about: “I am stoked to have signed with team Kenda-Playbiker for the 2010 season, it is awesome to be able to be on a team with three good friends of mine and no doubt we will have a good time along the way. I look forward to putting some great results together with the help of being on the best products like Lapierre Bikes, Fox Suspensions and Kenda Tires.”.



We have been given also a wild card to Edo Franco, a young rider who won in 2008 the Junior Italian Championship, which took place on Pila World Cup track. He will race together with Wyn in both downhill and 4x.



Few words from Edo: “I am really happy to be part of team Kenda-Playbiker for 2010 season. It is the first time I race for a professional team and I am going to have a great opportunity to achieve my goals. It is amazing for me to have team mates like Shaun, Nathan and Wyn: they are excellent riders and good traveller fellows as well. I have much to learn from them.”.



Kenda-Playbiker is very glad to announce also that for 2010 the team athletes will race with the performant and captivate Lapierre DH-920 frame and the top-notch Fox Suspensions.



Here what Nathan has to say about 2010: "I am sure that 2010 will be a big year with the two new team mates. Hopefully they will help to push the pace within the team. I am also enthusiastic to ride aboard the new Lapierre DH-920".



... and here Shaun’s thought: “For 2010 I am excited to be competing again with the team Kenda-Playbiker. I am really looking forward to riding the new frame and suspension and achieving my goals for the season. I think with the team set up and my new team mates it will be a very successful season and I think we are all looking forward to getting into the racing, training hard and enjoying the riding.”.



In the next few weeks we will spread to all our friends and medias further information about Kenda-Playbiker’s programs for 2010. We will also announce the complete list of great sponsors which will support us during the coming season.


Stay tuned on Kenda-Playbiker’s channel...



Photo: courtesy of Callum Swift

No comments: