Monday, March 15, 2010

Leigh Donovan - FONTANA WINTER SERIES FINALS - Race Report

It was on ‘THE WALL’ section of the course
that 1995 World Champion Leigh Donovan could
hear her 4 1/2 yr old daughter Grace cheering -
“GO MOMMA” and that gave her enough legs to
pedal into the finish in 3rd place.

“Ya, we got smoked by Buhl” Said Leigh
after the race, “I did a run with her and I was on
the same pace on the little rocky sections, but
she just motored away on the 3 climbs we had in
this race, it should have been called a super-D, I
can not complain, I got 3rd behind 2 girls that
race and train for a living and I think 4th place
was 12 seconds behind me. I am interested to
see how I go on a proper DH track.”

Leigh also got on her new Marzocchi
suspension for the race, “I took 2lbs off my bike
by removing what I had before! I hooked up with
Tom Rogers and Bryson from Marzocchi and
they were real excited to get me on board, I rode
for Marzocchi 17 years ago on my first pro team,
so its been a long time! Absolutely loved the 888
Evo fork, TR dialed it in for me, I did not have to
touch it. I also got my new shimano SPD shoes
and blinged them out so I have some girly vibe
going on, I am going to go full moto podium
speech and give you the, ‘my oakley, Fox, giro
kit looked awesome and my specialized tires
really hooked up out there’ hahaha”

Leigh’s next event will probably be working
some huge sale at her shop, Tangerine
www.shoptangerine.com but she plans on
heading to the Sea Otter for her next race. Leigh
also does personal skills clinics in the so cal
area, contact her for info and pricing
mtbleigh@gmail.com


No comments: