Friday, March 19, 2010

Anneke Beerten: NEW SEASON 2010


I can't believe how fast the off season has past by again. We're only a couple of weeks away from the start of our new 2010 season. In preparation of the new season I've spend the last couple of weeks in the U.S. for some training and racing.

I had a great time racing Downhill at Fontana, it's nice to have some racing in the winter time and a lot of pro's come out there to race and to get ready for the season. While I was there I got a chance to visit the Intense factory and to pick up my new Slopestyle 2 bike :) The bike feels great and I had no problem getting used to it at all. The first weekend I raced in Fontana I even won. The second time I got 2nd behind Melissa Buhl.


It's always nice to get some races in before the World Cup season kicks off. Get the nerves going and test some of the new products. I will be running the same program as last season with my main sponsors Veltec (the BeNeLux distributer for Intense) and Intense USA. The collaboration with these two companies makes it possible for me to stay on Intense bikes, be a professional athlete, and of course keep doing what I love most; shredding down the worlds most beautiful mountainsides. Like last season I will be getting the full team support of the Swiss based Suspension Center team, it's great to be a part of Gery's team again!

New to my program this season will be Michelin tires, Lizard Skins grips, Skins, CTI Braces and Stoicagraffix. I am very happy and proud to have these new sponsors on board and looking forward to work with all of them.

And a very big thanks of course to my partners who have been supporting me throughout the last few years already, and who will keep supporting me for the coming season.

Also like last year, when 4-cross racing is done, you will find me in the DH finish area the day after, doing the Freecaster commentary and interviews.

See you all at the season opener in Monterey next month; the Sea Otter Classic.

For more info and to stay up to date please check: www.annekebeerten.com
See you all at the races......keep on riding.

Thanks,

Anneke

No comments: